Two months before you move
At the two month mark, there will be a few admin tasks you need to undertake and a few jobs to begin:
- If you are renting, make sure you’ve given notice to your landlord, using the proper process in your contract. Make sure you also check how long your notice period is, since you will have to abide by that unless you have a break clause in your contract.
- Investigate the area you’re moving into further. While you’ll have done research before choosing where to live, this can be the point at which you find out the smaller things, such as restaurants, sports centres, supermarkets, etc. You can read our guide to each North Leeds suburb here.
- You can start decluttering at this point; it’s a lot easier to get rid of things you don’t need at your new home before you get there.
- Start notifying your landline and internet providers about your change of address.
- Start collecting free packing boxes from friends, family members and colleagues.